Add AltTextBot to your server! - Source code - Docker image
Tentative deprecation notice
In Q3 of this year, Discord plans to debut their own alt-text functionality! Depending on the robustness of this functionality, AltTextBot may or may not continue to operate.
If we determine that Discord's implementation of alt-text is versatile enough, we're shutting down AltTextBot, though the source code will remain available.
AltTextBot is a Javacord bot for Discord, designed to reduce message clutter associated with image alt-text.
This bot utilizes Discord's blocked user functionality to create collapsible alt-text. Users who wish to view alt-text by default can keep AltTextBot unblocked.
- Add the bot to a server using this link: discord.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=748589442549284865&scope=bot&permissions=11264
Post an image you'd like to add alt-text underneath.
Post your alt-text as a separate message with the format !alt [alt-text] (no brackets).
AltTextBot will replace your message with its own copy. Block AltTextBot to make this copy collapsible.
MANAGE_MESSAGES to delete user alt-text submissions
SEND_MESSAGES to send alt-text
READ_MESSAGES to read alt-text (this does not include history)
- Get all commands from AltTextBot in a direct message.
- Check to see if AltTextBot is alive.
- Get AltTextBot's version and authorshop info in a direct message.
- Display the current server's top alt-texters.
Message Kube [hashtag] six four nine one on Discord with a description of the issue.